Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hanami season

Haven't blogged much about my recent activities but I've been keeping busy and still doing something every weekend.

Three weekends ago I went to a house party that Pete had, and then went to all-night karaoke. (^_^)

Two weekends ago I went to a hanami (cherry blossom-viewing party) with some students, and I saw a movie ('Yes Man') with my co-worker, Yumi.

Last weekend I went to a festival in Kawasaki and a kind of mini-hanami at Daishi Park, nearby. The following day I went to Odawara Castle, another popular spot for seeing cherry blossoms. Yesterday morning I went to Mitsuike Park, which is not far from Kawasaki. It's supposed to have about 1000 cherry trees.

This year I've been very lucky; the last few days have been prime for cherry blossoms (as in, the trees have been at their peak - cherry blossoms don't last at all long), and the weather has been perfect. As of last week, it actually feels like spring for the first time.

I've been taking excessive numbers of pictures, especially of the cherry trees, which are beautiful. I finally updated flickr so you can see my last few weeks on there.

No comments: