Thursday, April 3, 2008

Random updates

There's a funny smell coming from somewhere in my apartment. Thing is, I've actually cleaned my apartment recently (that was a red letter day, I can tell you :)), so I don't know where it could possibly be coming from. I just can't pinpoint the exact location.

Speaking of my apartment, the other day I got up and there was no water. So I went to work early and washed my hair in the janitor's room, and nobody was any the wiser, hahaha... I realised as I left my apartment that there was a big poster on the apartment's message board about the planned water outage (I found the kanji 'water' and the current date on it, anyway). This kind of thing happens when you can't read the language...

This has been kind of a tiring week. We have a new timetable now, and it's a bit more stressful. I also have about double the lesson preparation than before, so I've been coming in to work early and taking lesson plans home to review, something I haven't done since my first fortnight at work. I also have my first kids' classes this week.

My first kid's class, with the 8-year-old angel, went quite well. She really is a great kid. It was odd; never before have I felt so much like a language barrier didn't exist. Because I wasn't trying to engage her in conversation like I would with adults, just lead her in games and activities, which she understood perfectly and immediately (she really is smart), it was actually easier to communicate that lesson than with adults...

The other kid's class will be with a 2-year-old and her mother, and it's tomorrow. She has just turned 2, and the lesson is 45 minutes long... hmm...

Oh, I did do a little cherry blossom viewing (really, cherry blossoms are absolutely everywhere, it's difficult *not* to see them), despite the continual bad weather lately. Click on a pic to see it bigger:





By the way, I changed my blog settings so it should be easier for people to leave comments.

No comments: