Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Japanese practice

This is something I wrote to practice Japanese. It gives an idea of the kind of thing I can say. It's still very basic, but still much better than a year ago, when I could say virtually nothing...

5-gatsu 11-nichi
May 11th

Ima Starbucks ni ite, kohi o nonde imasu. Cappuccino wa sukina nomimono desu. Starbucks no chikaku ni panya ga arimasu, pan o yottsu kaimaishita. Panya de croissant ya pan o utte imasu.

Right now I'm in Starbucks, drinking coffee. Cappuccinos are my favourite drinks. Near Starbucks is a bakery; I bought four bread (items) there. The bakery sells croissants, bread, and so on.

Mou sugu douryou no kekkonshiki no present o kaimasu. Kare wa umeshu ga suki desu kara, umeshu to ume o kaitai desu.

Soon I'm going to go buy my coworker a wedding present. He likes umeshu, so I want to buy umeshu (plum liquor) and ume (sour plums).

Hanamuukosan wa gaikokujin desu, soshite hanayoumesan wa Nihonjin desu. Ashita kekkon shimasu. Futari wa rainen Amerika ni sumimasu. Dakara, douryou wa mou sugu kaisha o yamemasu. Mou sugu atarashii gaikokujin no kyoushi ga kite, Canada kara kimasu.

The groom is a foreigner and the bride is Japanese. They're getting married tomorrow. The two will live in America next year. So, my coworker will leave work soon. Soon, a new foreign teacher will come, he's coming from Canada.

Senshu London ni ikimashita. Tenki ga sukoshi warukatta desu ga, sore wa London desu kara. London wa furui tatemono ga okute, omoshiroi tokoro desu.

Last week I went to London. The weather was kind of bad, but that's because it's London. London is an interesting place with lots of old buildings.

Mata eigo o hanshite imashita kara, chotto henna kimochi deshita. Igirisu no ryouri wa chou oishikatta desu kara, ureshikatta desu. ^_^

I was speaking English again, so it felt a bit strange. England's food was super good, so I was happy. ^_^

Tomodachi no uchi de tomarimashita. Ima kanojo wa kanojo no boyfriend to isshou ni London no higashi ni sunde imasu.

I stayed at my friend's house. Now she and her boyfriend live together in the east of London.

No comments: