Friday, July 10, 2009

Jitsu wa...

Actually, the truth is, I'm not very happy about finishing my job, etc. Like, a few months ago I had to decide whether I'd renew my contract or not - I thought, well, I'll probably be quite ready to leave by then, I'll have done most of what I want to do in Japan, etc.

Now I'm kind of regretting my decision. I like my school *so much*. Recently, the classes which used to stress me out a lot, I've been able to take in my stride. I think I've improved a lot as a teacher, and my rapport with the students is the best it's ever been. I've even become pretty good at teaching kids, and the kids' parents like me.

I'm gradually starting to make friends with a few more students; twice this week I went out with different groups of students after work. I've had a few new students recently, so I feel bad about when I'll have to announce my imminent departure. That's the thing with this job - it's all about relationships; it's not like quitting an office job. All of my co-workers are really, really great. I like where I live; I like the location of my school; I like my lifestyle.

Basically, there's almost nothing I don't like, and so I'm really not feeling ready to leave. I wish there were some way I could stay on.

No comments: