Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Total eclipse

Today we experienced the longest solar eclipse this century. A total eclipse could be seen in the south of Japan, but here in Kanagawa we were expecting to see about a 60% eclipse.

So of course, it was incredibly overcast, the kind of overcast where you can't even *locate* the sun in the sky, let alone see its eclipse!

However! I was lucky! When I left my house, there was nothing to be seen. But when I'd almost reached my school's building, the sun become visible for a couple of minutes. There was lots of cloud passing in front of it, but I could definitely see it. It was like a crescent moon, only it was far too bright to stare at. I took lots of very quick peeks, and a few photos. ^_^

Of all the people I asked today (about 30), only 1 or 2 had seen the eclipse.

1 comment:

george said...

Hello



I saw your site today. Mind if we exchange banner? my traffic is good. shoot me an email if you are ok with it.

my email george@e2046.com

George