Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hmm... ii n ja nai...

Well, I just took a sample JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) level 4 test, just out of curiosity. (here, if you're interested.)

I passed with the not-very-impressive score of 83%. I also went outside the time limit, because my reading of Japanese characters - though greatly improved - is still very slow. This sample test had 60 questions; I got 10 wrong, 7 of them verb-related questions. I do loathe verbs. There are far too many of them. We should just eliminate them all and use 'o shimasu' with everything.

So, I think I will take the real JLPT test in December. The question is, which level to shoot for. My Japanese teacher thinks that I can get up to 3 standard by December. I am not so sure. I'm sure I can if I study around 4+ hours a week... I guess it's better to have a goal to work hard for than a goal I've already achieved...

No comments: