Sunday, June 29, 2008

itai

Oh, one other downside of the rainy season is it's a common time to get sick, what with the high humidity and constantly changing temperatures.

At least, that's one explanation for why me, Jim, Pete and Pete's friend all got sick in the same week and all with the same symptoms. Pete called it 'gaijin flu'. ('Gaijin' means 'foreigner'. Pete is my new co-worker.)

I got sick over New Year's but that was mostly during my holidays; this is my first time working several days while sick. It's not fun - me going through the exercises thinking 'the sooner I finish this exercise, the sooner they'll be looking at their books and I can discreetly wipe my nose' - but probably the worst part is taking trains and having to stand up the whole trip, and my body aching, I've been feverish.

I dunno exactly what I have but I'm spending the whole day at home today. -_-

No comments: