Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ehh? Kodomo da?!

Hehh, today we had a bit of an announcement - our school is going to be made into a school that accepts children too... This came as a bit of a surprise to everyone and it will mean a lot of changes.

Now our office will need to be expanded, we need a new greeting area just for kids, and we teachers will have to go back to training and learn heaps of new materials.

Oh well, at least it's happened after I became used to teaching adults. I heard a little about what it's like to teach kids from other teachers I went to training with. Everyone seems agreed that kids are generally very badly behaved and don't want to learn! One teacher said she has to go chasing after her students who will just run riot, even running out the room...

On the whole, I don't really mind. I have no experience with kids, so just imagine me leading a bunch of six-year-olds in a dance while singing 'hello, hello, hello, hello...' hahah... it will be what's known as a 'stretching experience'. But it will be good to get experience with kids, I guess. :) Could even be fun! Think positive, right? Yep! :)

No comments: