Friday, January 25, 2008

Phew...

Just a quick note to say I'm busy-busy-busy at the moment. My schedule this and next week looks something like this:
Tue - get up 'early' to let Internet guy in
Wed - nothing special
Thur - get up early to go to Immigration and get my sponsored visa (I got up quite early and allowed 2 hours, just in case - it took 5 minutes...)
Fri (today) - got up early to go to my private Japanese lesson
tomorrow - I start work earlier anyway, and go out after work
Sunday - I'm working... only for four hours, but our office is opening in case prospective students want to come in, and nobody else could work Sunday...
Monday - I have a full, intensive day of follow-up training... the training is from 11 to 8, and it will take me a 2 1/2 hour round trip to get to the head office, so that's about 11 1/2 hours out and about...
Tuesday - back to 'normal' work; get up early to take my other Japanese class
Wednesday - can finally sleep in a bit... normal working week until Sunday.

So that's 12 days of work in a row...

What I've realised is how much more tired I feel when I have to get up early*, even though I am getting similar amounts of sleep. For example, if I go to bed at 3am and get up at 11am, that's 8 hours of sleep. If I go to bed at midnight and get up at 8:30pm, that's 8 and a half hours sleep. So you'd think I would feel *more* refreshed with the latter, right? But no... I guess if I start my day at 8:30 and don't get home from work until around 10pm, it is a pretty long day...

*(Early for me is not early for normal people. I mean 8:30 or 9am instead of 10 or 11...)

No comments: