Sunday, January 6, 2008

Food poisoning

Been feeling fairly unwell the last few days. I got food poisoning for the first time in my life. Bleagh. Spent all Thursday in bed, throwing up continually, and feeling generally quite wretched. Friday somewhat better, still wasn't up to much. Had to get into strength for Saturday, which was our school's 'fun day'. It went okay, I think. Ironically, the classes where I did the most preparation and the most 'teaching', were the worst, while the games and 'students talking' classes went much better.

The students really enjoyed Taboo, which was lucky. It was a bit hit-and-miss, you see - I had to prepare all the cards myself, and wasn't sure if my cards would be way too easy or way too difficult for them (they were all different levels), but it worked well. Pictionary was also fun. During the day I felt a bit sub-par and short of breath - having had four hours sleep didn't help - but held up okay, even felt well enough to go out after to an izakaya with a bunch of students and teachers, which was a lot of fun.

Been sleeping weird hours too. Got up at 4:30pm today... today I have a bit of a cold, but at least I can eat again. (I realise just how much I love food... :))

Hopefully will be back to normal by Tuesday, when regular work recommences.

Other than all that, had a fairly good New Year period. I went to Enoshima the other day, and on New Year, went to Kawasaki Daishi shrine. It was paaaacked and I *think* I saw snow for a few moments... If I remember I'll post more about it later. :)

Happy new year everyone! Hope you are all well!

No comments: